Many homeowners don't know how to properly care for their garage door systems. Take it from us, that many of the repairs we complete likely could have been prevented before they became more serious with simple at-home tips that anyone can accomplish.
Here are some helpful garage door tips and information for easy maintenance and quick-fixes:
- Your garage door is all about moving parts and pieces, and that means you need to keep them lubricated. Apply lubricant to all of the hinges, tracks and rollers once per season.
- Perform a visual check every month or so, inspecting for visible signs of wear and tear, or anything that is bent, warped or broken.
- Don't forget to check the door's weather sealant. You want to keep all of the elements out as much as possible.
- Clean the photo eye and/or sensor of your system with a simple household cleaner and cloth to ensure that it's always in good condition.
- Try a manual lift of your garage door by turning off or disconnecting the automatic system. Lift the door with the handle and ensure that it has smooth motion with minimal resistance.
When you need any type of garage door repair or service, or anything beyond routine household maintenance, let the Superior Door team handle the job.
You can depend on our experience and expertise, and our dedication to superior service and all-around quality. Call us at 937.444.DOOR to schedule your free on-site estimate and consultation appointment.